Saturday 1 June 2013

Many little Highs...

So... After the 100 subs video, my flatmate (or 'Jack') went a-travelling for a month and came back via Singapore with lovely Blythey/Makie-ey gifts from here, gawd bless 'im!:

Kimono, Dress hat & boot set and Azone shoes. :)

And if that wasn't enough, whilst he was away, I won a little prize from Duckie - to go with the little poncho draw I won from Poklfil. A cuuuute cape! (with some Plink and 'Birdy' stickers!). So thoughtful!




Most of my time was spent decorating my front hall whilst he was away as I wanted to utilise the afternoon light for doll work. So time for a bit of Cherry Blossom with sparkles:


(As I write, this desk is already a mess! lol)



And then, soon after finishing the hall, it was time to take Birdy out to her first 'completed' social. Did the fun London bits with Amy afterwards, like Cybercandy and Forbidden Planet, and managed to bag a Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Unicorno out of a Tokidoki blind-box!

Then I found my missing girl (or at least the sculpt that had originally vanished in the post). She's much older than the one I lost, but equally adorable, of course... (she is currently pending a new faceup as I unstrung and cleaned her recently)




*Breathe*
...And then, after only a month from ordering (during which time I finally ordered some boy-jeans!), I received the rosybrown body for my second Withdoll Juwel head. It was the first thing I'd ordered after receiving the overdue refund from the two lost dolls. I'm still unsure whether I'll be keeping both boys, but here they are before I cleaned and prepped Judge (sitting) for his new faceup too:




It was around this time that I managed to find an end of line, last of stock, display model of an overlocker/serger which, in the end, only cost me £25! Should be okay so long as I mainly work in straight lines and never need any replacement parts! lol. For the money, it's pretty darn good!



And then, also around this time, I sent the clapped out old Ziggy Makie head (minus eyebrows) to Poklfil for a dye bath so that she could send him back to me for experiments before working on her Cosma Diva commission. He suffered a bit where I modded him and sanded away his colour, but I'm now colour-matching him to Cosma and, along with the majority of my other doll heads, he's prepped and ready to go. If he is successful, and Fil likes 'him' (I say him when he was actually a her to start with, so that's how 'she'll' end up) I'll go ahead with Cosma.

Box 'o' [MSC-prepared] Heads


...and that's not everything yet! There'll be more catching up to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment